Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Mason and Me

While Daddy took Hunter to his friend's annual Octoberfest celebration. I decided to stay home and get some quality time alone with Mason. Something I haven't had much opportunity to do since maternity leave. Mason has such a big personality now and it was such a treat to have uninterrupted time alone with him. We took a walk outside with Mason facing forward for the first time. He was so quiet that I thought he had fallen asleep but each time I peeked he was wide-eyed just taking in the views from his new seat! We got lots of time playing together and I even got out a toy he hadn't seen before to help him with sitting up on his own. We tried a new vegetable (green beans) for dinner and then played some more. Exhausted, he eventually rolled over close to me, popped his thumb in his mouth and closed his eyes. I got the point and put him to bed.

When Hunter and Daddy got home with Mimi and Opa from Octoberfest, we had a bonfire and cooked s'mores and I got to hear all about how Hunter fed the horses apples and ran around the farm. Drank apple cider from a German stein and all kinds of other fun things!

It was a great day for all!






No comments:

Post a Comment